Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's only day TWO?

These are my crazy days of summer. When do the Lazy ones begin?:)

Time is such a funny thing. It seems like days ago that I committed to daily blogging. Our days have been so full that it feels as if we are literally packing in many days worth of - well, you name it, into each one. Here's a slice...chew slowly:
Yesterday was a little slower. We had swim lessons (Asha) at 9am. Home to clean for the first time in weeks and adress stuff we need for hurricane insurance on the new house and cook dinner. 1 pm swim lesson for Maya + post office - twice, credit union, library, market, drop Asha with a friend at craft hour at the library so she can catch a ride to aikido while I take Cyrus to the pediatrician - we suspected swimmer's ear which he's had before and we didn't want to let it go through the night because it is so painful. The Dr. is a 45 min drive each way. While in town for that we run errands to the health food store, wine store, and market. Because of the rush we have packed no food so the kids get some take out chinese. We also go to the pharmacy. Back to Kohala where we meet Asha at her friend's hula class. Instead of watching she is (surprise surprise) right in the middle of the class! So we head out to Makapala to drop Padma's wine order at her house. Back to get Asha and home to finish cleaning the downstairs (tomorrow Kristy will babysit and last time told me she swept and vacuumed because so much stuff was sticking to her feet! :O So True!!
Today: wake at 4:50am. Decide to get up and make omelet for Billy - a rare treat I assure you! And when I say "rare" I mean like maybe 3 times total in 15 years of marriage! He leaves just before 6 and I make tons of french toast for Maya to have in the fridge and a gluten free batch for Asha. Then I prep dinner, clean out my fridge and make snacks for the kids to take to the pool later. I check my email and get kids fed. We head out for Asha's lessons at 9 am. Yeah me for knowing where her wet suit is because it is raining! We go home and I eat and pack up for the next pool outing (at 1 which Padma will drive them all to for me) and tennis lessons. Kristie shows up to babysit at the same time that Rachel's Dad drops her off for the day. Cyrus and I leave for our 12pm appt in Kona (1 hour drive each way!) at the chiropractor. We get stuck in totally needless traffic and head straight back only stopping at Costco to fill the gas tank (for $3.49/gal!!!!) I go straight to the park in Kohala -after dropping Cyrus at home to dress for baseball -to relieve Kristie and get kids changed for tennis. Tennis starts at 3 and I go get Cyrus for practice. Rachel's Dad picks her up at tennis. The girl's and I go home and start dinner then go back to pick up Cyrus at 6. Home to cook, dinner, showers, bed?? I think my husband showed up in time for dinner, but he was so tired he fell asleep on the couch and had to be roused to eat, which he did before stumbling into a shower and off to bed. Maya headed up to bed with Billy Bo. Asha went up to climb in with him about an hour later and I cleaned the kitchen and showered and am off to bed myself. It is raining and blowing gusty wind again. A good thing since we need it and it helps me sleep well, but I hope tomorrow it is clearer- and warmer for the 9am swim lesson! Cyrus is playing WOW and that's where I will leave him. Writing about our recent days events has been nearly as exhausting as living them!

I started out thinking about the passing of time and how it relates (at least in a linear fashion) to the kids and how they are changing. But then my brain went into hyper logistics management mode. I couldn't find the "off" switch and this is what came out. I think I will not make a habit of this here. Yes, it would now be appropriate for you to mutter "thank heavens already!!" And yes, the run on sentences strung together into unmanageable paragraphs is a little trick I purposefully employed to help convey the sense of " OMG this family is f%^**#G out of their mind and someone should tell them that they have far more scheduled activities than ANY child needs or wants!!!! (every child except for mine - which is actually what I will write about tomorrow:) Breathe in ...Breathe out..."clear the mechanism" (this is where the off switch comes in handy)....go to sleep.........

1 comment:

Randi said...

Alyse -

Randi here from LIG (I chatted with you by the fire with my partner Kauleen) and I wanted to tell you that reading your days events made me EXHAUSTED!!!!!!! Busy, busy days!!!

I'll add your blog to my list to check every day :)