Thursday, August 7, 2008

Gourmet


I have been taking photos of plants lately. I love this one of this guava because it looks so perfectly cut - like the fruit on display at one of the resort brunches - yet it still hangs on the tree. Who 's art work is this? Who is the food stylist here? My guess is a rat. You never see a mongoose in a tree. Do they climb? I have seen rat silhouettes (sp?) in the trees at sunset. Bats? I also love this photo because I have been eating only fresh, raw foods recently. Initially I was interested in this idea of being influenced by the energy of your food. You are what you eat.... As I began to test this on myself I found it to be very powerfully true. I began to ask myself, " How will you feel if you eat that?" I found myself being drawn to incredibly fresh raw foods when answering that question. The more alive my food is the more alive I feel. I am an accidental raw foodist, I guess. It just happened. Now I am reading and finding that people do eat this way precisely because it feels so good. I don't want to limit myself with a label. I am not dogmatic, just really tuned into what my body is wanting. This photo represents where I am being drawn. The pinnacle of wild and alive and fresh and raw!

No comments: