Friday, August 8, 2008

My sweet parents

I was home for a weekend visit to my childhood home recently to attend my 40th high school reunion :O

These are my very sweet parents - and super star grandparents- otherwise known as "Tutu & Popu":


And this is the house I grew up in:

When I was growing up there we had a front lawn on a slope - the best front lawn for slip-n-slide ever (and for rolling down in several huge innertubes duct taped together, but not so great for sleeping on in nylon sleeping bags to watch the persiad meteor showers every August because you'd start out at the top and wake in the morning down at the bottom!:) But once the kids were gone Mom finally got her wish of a garden full of flowers and Dad finally got his wish of no grass to mow! So now the old lawn looks like this:

Being there feeds my soul. If I c an get into the woods near the water or in the mountains I have been to church! I made it to 2 beaches in 3 days and one involved hiking through my beloved Pacific NW woods:



AAAHHHHH!!!!

No comments: